Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Look Mom... NO Training Wheels!


Ella's fish face.. which seemed to help her concentrate!
Saturday morning, for some reason, Ella woke up and said that she thought she needed to learn to ride her bike without training wheels.. Well, I agreed, and was all encouraging of this, esp. because I already had plans on Saturday and knew that Rob would be the one to start this new learning process.
Also, Rob has been promising since her birthday to put the baby carrier on the back of her bike, (which was given to her as a birthday gift), and so he did!
When I returned home Saturday afternoon, she was proud to show me her accomplishments.. which were a little wobbly, and very short lived, but she was riding!
Christi, and I had the pleasure to continue working with her late Saturday afternoon. She did very well.
I remember this so well, trying to teach Austin how to ride in Grenada. I thought he and I would likely kill each other, before he finally accomplished the task, and learned to ride. I remember the tears that he and I both had.
With Ella, it has been much easier. She is very persistent. Yesterday, Monday, she made it a good way on the street, by herself. The only problem is that she doesn't know how to brake yet. Which means that we are going to need a new pair of shoes soon, because she uses the tops of her shoes to stop herself.
At one point, which I thought was very sweet, I saw her with her head down leaning over her bicycle. I asked her what she was doing, and she said praying! I guess she took a cue from me, because I told her, she just had to be brave, that God would help her! And, so He DID!
And, If I had a dollar for every time I said, "Just Keep Pedaling" I would be a rich woman!


1 comment:

Amber said...

yeah Ella. Madison cannot wait to ride with you. She wanted to know if you had as many scratches and bruises as she does? Love the fishface!! Somehow Madison managed to get the hang of it, without the fish lips!!! ha ha